Thursday 24 October 2013

Check out bo staff martial arts tricking!

Hey everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed last weeks blogs about trick kicks! This week I'm going to be talking about bo staff tricks. Ever since I was a young kid studying Martial Arts, my favourite weapon was always the bo. 

I loved watching action movies with bo staffs in them, such as those really corny chinese movies with Jet Li in them. I started using the bo staff at the age of 7 when I was a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do. I would do private lessons with my instructor all the time, just so I could kick ass at tournaments. 

When ever I do bo staff tricking I try to create the most fluid way of doing a trick or move. I don't want to stand there and just do the trick because then I become a baton twirler, and that's not so cool. 

So what I try to do, is make all my movements stand out by finding cool ways to get into them and cool ways to finish them. Instead of standing there and doing a neck roll, I doing a 360 spin as I do the neck spin, to make it look more impressive.

Ever since I've started to doing flips, and tricks, I also like to implement them into my bo tricks. Sometimes I'll do 540 kicks in the air while spinning the bo behind my back, which looks really cool. Another thing I'll try to do is spin and throw the bo in the air and catch right before I do a flip, the transition into the flip ends up looking really cool. 

In the video below, you can check out some of the new bo tricks I have been working on. If you guys like it, subscribe for more videos, and comment what you would like to see next! Come back each week to check out Martial Arts, tricking, and parkour!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment